Mr. Eduardo P. Garrovillas, is a familiar figure lecturer. Beside it was a very active field of academics. Research and scientific observation is always done. When the first meeting, we feel there is a strong power of communication. Apparently his business in addition to a doctorate, also a master in the field of education. Now we've all felt like brothers, we will even mimic the style of teaching that he did. We have been invited to enjoy his work, namely a book entitled "Marketing Principles-that work and make sense". There are other fun side, we were invited to actively follow national seminars, and becoming an associate member Academy of International Business ".
(Mr. Eduardo P. Garrovillas, adalah sosok dosen yang familier. Disamping itu adalah seorang yang sangat aktif dibidang akademik. Penelitian dan pengamatan keilmuan selalu dilakukan. Ketika pertemuan pertama, kami merasakan ada kekuatan komunikasi yang kuat. Ternyata beliau disamping seorang doktor bisnis, juga seorang master dibidang pendidikan. Kini kami semua sudah merasakan seperti saudara, bahkan kami akan menirukan gaya mengajar yang beliau lakukan. Kami telah diajak untuk menikmati karyanya, yakni sebuah buku dengan judul "Marketing Principles-that work and make sense". Ada sisi lain yang menyenangkan, kami diajak aktif mengikuti seminar nasional, dan menjadi anggota asosiasi Academy of International Business".)
G. Eduardo P. Garrovillas, ay isang pamilyar na pigura lektor. Research at siyentipikong pagmamasid ay laging tapos na. Kapag ang unang pagpupulong, tingin namin doon ay isang malakas na kapangyarihan ng komunikasyon. sa karagdagan sa isang titulo ng doktor, din ng isang master sa larangan ng edukasyon. Ngayon ang lahat kami ay nadama tulad ng kapatid na lalaki, kami ay kahit na gayahin ang estilo ng pagtuturo na siya ay. Kami ay inanyayahan upang tamasahin ang kanyang mga gawain, katulad ng isang libro may karapatan "Marketing Prinsipyo-na trabaho at magkaroon ng kahulugan". May mga iba pang mga masaya tabi, kami ay iniimbitahan na aktibong sundin ang pambansang seminar, at magiging isang iugnay Academy miyembro ng International Business "
Ingin mengetahui lebih lanjut :
Ingin mengetahui lebih lanjut :
Eduardo P. Garrovillas, DEM, MBA, MPA,MAT,AB
Research Director, Jose Rizal University, Philippines
Contact Numbers: email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or email@example.com; edgarrovillas.blogspot.com; cellphone: 0927-3376492; JRU landline: 531-8031 to 35; JRU fax: 531-6087
Dr. Eduardo P. Garrovillas, at a glance
- a two-time Carlos Palanca Awardee in Filipino poetry (First Prize,1972-’73, and Third Prize,1973-’74 contest years); a Cultural Center of the Philippines awardee in Filipino poetry in 1974; he believes that poetry is the larger language of business;
- Author of Marketing textbooks used in several colleges and universities, such as --- 1) Out-of-the-Box Marketing Principles that work and make sense; 2) Out-of-the-Box Selling Principles and Practices that work and make sense; and 3) Out-of-the-Box Retailing Principles and Practices that work and make sense;
- wrote a Chapter (chap. 25) about the Philippines, as a business destination, in an international publication edited by Dr. Satyendra Singh of University of Winnipeg, Centre for Emerging Markets, entitled Handbook of Business Practices and Growth in Emerging Markets, the book is cited in World Scientific Books website;
- among the TOP 4 FINALISTS in 2008, and TOP 8 SEMIFINALISTS in 2007 Metrobank Search for Outstanding Teachers, for the college level;
- a Doctor in Educational Management (DEM), with more than three decades of teaching experience in higher education institution --- has been teaching marketing management, international marketing, sales management, and business research for years;
- an international researcher in the field of business and educational management; has served as an international referee of research papers for the Journal of International Business; he reviews papers for publication in the said journal;
- an active member of the Academy of International Business (AIB), which is a prestigious international association of business educators and scholars from 80 countries;
- an active member of the World Council for Curriculum and Instruction (WCCI), an NGO of the United Nations in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC); WCCI has its Secretariat based in Alliant International University, San Diego, California.
- a Country-Paper Winner and Presenter for the Philippines in the 2006 Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL) International Conference; the winning-paper was presented in an international conference in Penang, Malaysia; his winning-paper was titled: “Sustainable Development and Higher Education, Philippine Perspective. “
- a Country-Paper Winner and Presenter for the Philippines in the 2010 Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL) International Conference; the research paper was titled, “Higher Education in the Knowledge Economy, Challenges and Imperatives,” presented in the ASAIHL Conference held in the National Taiwan University, Taipeh, April 16-18, 2010.
- a regular writer-contributor to Educators Speak, a regular Sunday column of The Manila Bulletin;
- an active member of the Association of Marketing Educators (AME);
- a corporate man, with more than two decades of marketing experience in multinational companies (Smith Kline, Abbott Laboratories, Baxter, Phils.), holding various positions in sales and marketing, marketing research, marketing services, training and development, and human resources management;
- a Paul Harris Fellow of Rotary International;
- EDUCATION (Academic Achievements)
Doctor in Educational Management, Graduate School, Polytechnic University of the Philippines; Dissertation: “Correlation of Organization Development Change Levers and Accreditation Goals of Selected Private Colleges and Universities in the National Capital Region”; delivered the Valedictory Address, representing the graduating class during the Mid Year Commencement Exercises held on December 8, 2006, at the PUP Gymnasium, PUP Main Campus, Sta. Mesa, Manila
Master in Teaching Mathematics
University of the Philippines, 1971
Master in Business Administration (with distinction)
Jose Rizal University, 2002
Master in Public Administration (with distinction)
Jose Rizal University, 2001
- RESEARCH PAPERS PRESENTED (in both local and international forums)
- “A Value-Centered Marketing Model for the Philippines in the Global Market, from the Human Resource Perspective”, presented during the 2nd National Research Congress, April 24-25, 2003, held at the University of Sto. Tomas, Manila.
- “Classroom Applications of Stephen Covey’s Seven Habits – Or, Towards a Principle-Centered Teaching-Learning Environment for the 21st Century”, presented during the Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL) International Conference in Malaysia, on Sept. 28 to Oct. 1, 2003. Same paper is also accepted for presentation at the 8th Creative Teaching Conference (held at the Caribe Hilton Hotel, San Juan, Puerto Rico, January 2-5, 2005), under the auspices of the World Association for Case Method Research and Application (WACRA) based in Boston MA, USA.
- “CSR Scorecard of Private Higher Educational Institutions in the Philippines”, presented during the 3rd National Research Congress, April 15 –17, 2004, held at the University of Sto. Tomas, Manila. Same paper was also presented during the ASAIHL Conference in Lingnan University, Hong Kong, held May 17-19, 2004. This paper was published in the De La Salle Journal of Business and Economics, 2005, under the editorship of Dr. Jose Maximiano.
- “Application of the Balanced Scorecard as a Performance Measurement Tool for Higher Education Institutions in Southeast Asia”, presented during the 2004 Academy of International Business Southeast Asia Regional Conference, held in Macau, China, August 5-7, 2004.
- “Human Resource Management Challenges in Times of Global Change and Uncertainty”, accepted for presentation at the 9th International Conference on Global Business and Economic Development, in Seoul, Korea, May 25-28, 2005.
- “An Integrative Review of Education and Socio-Economic Data from Southeast Asia, East Asia and South Asia”, accepted for presentation at the 4th Global Conference on Business and Economics held in Oxford, England, June 26-28, 2005.
- “ASEAN Higher Education in a Globalized Era: Imperatives and Challenges” presented in an ASEAN International Conference, International College, Ming Chuan University in Taiwan, ROC, March 11-13, 2005
- “Evolving Global Changes in the Higher Education Market: Philippine Perspective”, presented at the 2005 Academy of International Business (AIB) Manila Conference, November 24-26, 2005
- “Higher Education for Sustainable Development, Philippine Perspective”, presented at the 2006 ASAIHL International Conference, held in Penang, Malaysia, June 19 to 23, 2006. This research study was chosen as the Country Paper of ASAIHL Philippines during the said International Conference.
- “Higher Education and BIMP-EAGA”, presented at the 2006 BIMP-EAGA Conference, hosted by the Universiti of Malaysia Sabah, held at Kota Kenabalu, June 21 to 24, 2006.
- PUBLISHED ARTICLES (under Educators Speak column of Manila Bulletin)
1. “True Worth of Tertiary Educational Institutions”, published Sept. 28, 2003
2. “The Higher Education Scorecard”, published January 4, 2004.
3. “The Price of Education”, published February 15, 2005
4. “Corporate Social Responsibility of Private Colleges and Universities, published May 2, 2004
5. “Advocacy Education”, published May 16, 2004
6. “Filling up the void of meaningful educational statistics”, published June 20, 2004
7. “Humanizing mathematics in a challenging world”, published April 17, 2005
8. “Towards a realistic integration of RP education system”, published September 25, 2005
9. “ASEAN higher education in a globalized era”, published November 6, 2005.
10. “Higher education, CHED, and accreditation”, published September 3, 2006.
11. “Where do we go from here, Philippine education?”, published November 19, 2006
12. “The Essence of Higher Education,” Manila Bulletin, 2008;
13. “I Teach Life!,” Manila Bulletin, 2009
14. “Collaborative Research, Manila Bulletin, September 13, 2009
- IMMEDIATE PAST AND CURRENT PROFESSIONAL INVOLVEMENT
q Chairman, Department of Marketing (BCS Undergraduate Program);
MBA Faculty, Graduate School, Jose Rizal University.
Member of the Steering Committee of the recently concluded 2005 Academy of International Business (AIB), South East Asia Regional Conference, held at EDSA Shangri-La, Philippines, November 24-26, 2005.
An active member of the Academy of International Business, which is a prestigious professional association of international business scholars and educators from 80 countries, with about 3,000 members; Journal of International Business is its official publication.
Member of the World Council on Curriculum and Instruction, an international organization of the teaching profession, recognized as an NGO by the United Nations.
Member, American Studies Association of the Philippines, an organization of teaching professionals interested on American studies.
Chairman of International Academic Linkage Committee of the Association of Marketing Educators, Philippines.
More than 20 years of teaching experience; started teaching in 1969 at JRC high school division; served as chairman of the Mathematics Department, College Division in 1973; went part-time teaching in the 80s and 90s, served as training and development manager, and later as marketing services manager of Abbott laboratories, and served as human resource manager of Baxter Philippines; and rejoined the University in 2003 as faculty researcher, then as Chairman of the Marketing Department, and MBA Graduate School faculty.
Served as resource speaker in various forums on education, marketing and human resource management (e.g., Rotary International, Philippine Marketing Association, Personnel Management Association of the Philippines, Philippine Hospital Association, Children’s Museum and Library, Inc., CEAP, etc.).
Regular contributor to the Educators Speak, a Sunday column of Manila Bulletin; JRU Business, Education, and Law (BEL) Journal.
Editor-in-Chief, JRU Alumni Newsletter, since 1985 to the present.
- PAST PROFESSIONAL INVOLVEMENTS AND WORK EXPOSURES
- Human Resources and Administration Manager of Baxter Healthcare Philippines, Inc.; Member of the Senior Management Team of Baxter Philippines, from 1998 to 2002; a global awardee in Human Resource management of Baxter International.
- Handled Marketing Research, Sales Management, Product Management, and Training and Development of Sales and Marketing Personnel at Abbott Laboratories, Phils., from 1979 to 1998.
- Handled Marketing Research, with SmithKline (1974 to 1978);
- Resource Speaker on Management, Philippine Hospital Association;
- Resource Speaker on Sales and Marketing, Philippine Marketing Association;
- Resource Speaker, National Children’s Museum and Library, Inc., on education and youth development; held at Teachers’ Camp, Baquio City, 2005.
- Member of the Personnel Management Association of the Philippines; member of the PMAP Speakers’ Bureau (conducted a seminar on “Excellence in Management” for PMAP member-companies at AIM, Makati City, May 16, 2002);
- Has conducted various selling skills and management seminars here and abroad (in ChiangMai, Thailand, July, 1997, while with Abbott Lab.; Malaysia (Feb., 2000) and Singapore (April, 2001), while with Baxter Philippines);
- Editor, Baxter Link (Baxter Healthcare Philippines, Inc.), Abbottaliba (Abbott Philippines, Inc.); and
- currently, editor of the Jose Rizal University Alumni Newsletter. (Service to the University)
- IMPORTANT SEMINARS/CONFERENCES ATTENDED (PAST 5 YEARS)
- Tripartite Summit on Higher Education (for Government, Education, and Industry Sectors) on the “Challenges of Higher Education” (vis a vis the needs of Industry), Dec. 4, 2006, RCBC Building, Makati City;
- “Niche Marketing”, conducted by the Asian Institute of Management, Makati City, August 21-23, 2006;
- “Building a Culture of Peace for a Civil Society”, World Council for Curriculum and Instruction (WCCI) International Conference, held August 6-12, 2006, Manila Hotel, Philippines;
- Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL) International Conference, held in Penang, Malaysia, June 19-22, 2006;
- BIMP-EAGA International Conference 2006 “Enhancing Business & Economic Sustainability”, held at Universiti Malaysia Sabah, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia, June 21-23, 2006;
- ASEAN International Conference, International College, Ming Chuan University in Taiwan, ROC, March 11-13, 2005
- “Sales Promotions Planning Essentials”, conducted by Mansmith and Fielders, Inc. held at Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Makati City, October 11-12, 2005;
- 2005 Academy of International Business Southeast Asia Regional Conference, held at EDSA Shangri-La Hotel, Nov. 24-26, 2005, hosted by Jose Rizal University;
- 3rd National Research Congress, April 15 –17, 2004, held at the University of Sto. Tomas, Manila.
- ASAIHL Conference in Lingnan University, Hong Kong, held May 17-19, 2004.
- 2004 Academy of International Business Southeast Asia Regional Conference, held in Macau, China, August 5-7, 2004.
- 2nd National Research Congress, April 24-25, 2003, held at the University of Sto. Tomas, Manila.
- Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL) International Conference in Malaysia, on Sept. 28 to Oct. 1, 2003.
- NATIONAL AWARDS RECEIVED
- TOP 4 FINALISTS, 2008 Metrobank Search for Outstanding Teachers;
- TOP 8 SEMIFINALISTS 2007 Metrobank Search for Outstanding Teachers;
- Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards in Literature, Pilipino Poetry, 1972-73 (First Prize) and 1973-74 (Third Prize, no First Prize awarded during this particular contest year); and
- Cultural Center of the Philippines Literary Awards, Pilipino Poetry, 1974.
- CIVICS (Community Service)
- Club President, Rotary Club of Lakeshore Rizal, 1998-1999;
- Paul Harris Fellow of Rotary International;
- DATE AND PLACE OF BIRTH
- June 13, 1946; Morong, Rizal